I’m not a fan of CSS hacks, they are totally unstable and unpredictable pieces of code, usually built on top of another bug… but… unfortunately the way of the web has made it almost impossible to avoid them – I find myself facing a problem I can’t get around without one.
The problem here is CSS media queries and our old fiend Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer only understands the very basic media types such as: media=”screen” but fails to understand media queries like media=”screen and (min-device-width: 450px)”. When it doesn’t recognise this it simply ignores it – that means whole sections of styles are just ignored, and your pages will look completely different to how they are supposed to.
Just a quick one. And really simple.
If you’re like me you’ll always be routing through the folder structures to fin where the project is you’re currently working on. Well no more, this is something I added in to my Visual Studio back in the old ages, but it’s one of the first things I do when I install a new version.
Go to the Tools menu and select “External Tools…”, then set up a new item as below:
If you can’t see the image: Set Title to “Project location” (or whatever you like), set Command to “Explorer.exe” and Set arguments to “$(ProjectDir)” (That’s a build in variable that stores the position of you project folder – try the arrow button at the end for other locations)
And that’s it. Just click it when you need to get to your files.